There is so much talk lately about ‘vignettes’. It’s like the buzz word going round. I even heard someone call it a ‘vinegarette’ recently by mistake!
So what is a vignette, anyway? In terms of interior design, it basically means displaying groups of objects around your home that are pleasing to the eye and tell a story.
Take a look at these vignettes below and you will see some common threads/rules:
1. Objects are placed in odd numbers
2. Objects are of differing heights – I’ve read that they should look like the NYC skyline.
3. Different textures should be used
4. Items should be placed at different depths – ie. not in a straight line.
5. The display shouldn’t look the same from left to right
via the design chaser
available via etsy
photography: Prue Rusco, styling: Claire Delmar, via Homelife
via Lotta Agaton
Having said all that, just remember that RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN!